Wednesday, October 29, 2008

None Other Has Ever Known

While I was praying before doing my "Stepping up" Bible study I was singing to the song, “Wonderful Maker” and this picture came to mind: The LORD walking among His perfected creation and all bowed in reverence singing “Holy, Holy, Holy” and Him relishing in the intense and rich praises being lifted up in whole honesty and purity of heart. Slowly, step by step put down with purpose, gracefulness and fluidness; Drinking in all with deep breaths, overcome with inexpressible emotion, He breaks into song! Oh the melody so passionate, steeped with emotion only the heart can define. As the vision danced its way through my head the song, “I Come to the Garden Alone” came to me. As I sang it, these parts stuck out to me, “…And the joy we share as we tarry there, none other has ever known…And the melody that He gave to me within my heart is ringing.” I thought about what Beth Moore had said in her session of Stepping up - that our lives are accompanied by music and that every time God sees breakthrough with us He breaks into singing! Not only does He break into singing with breakthroughs but He sings over us just because! With that I began to think of all the trials we had gone through together and all the melodies He had sung over me for peace to quiet my anxious heart as He pulled me close to His chest on those thick dark nights. Sang next to me as we approached yet another steep mountain to climb and doubt rang out loud, but His voice sang louder of encouragement and endurance, of a future and of hope. Songs that we both joined in together in harmony as we reached that mountain top and conquered the fear and doubt! Then a voice whispered ‘Oh, and the songs we’ve sung together through the good and the hard, the joyful and fearful, none other has ever known!”

2 comments:

Worship Warrior said...

Oh my dearest! The Lord has given you a wonderful most amazing gift! I can not describe the joy I have for you as the Lord and you walk so close.
"He works all things together for good, for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose." Dearest, that is you! I'm watching this verse come to life through yours!
I am so proud of you, don't give up - there are too many mountain tops to sing on. I believe with all my heart that God will use your many songs of victory to encourage those who are climbing their own mountains. Keep singing....
In Him -

Go-Between said...

There is no greater joy than to know that one's child walks with the Lord!