Monday, October 6, 2008

Keep Singing

Recently I was looking over the Daniel Bible study I had finished in just the first of this year, and in my study book I came to a chapter in it titled, “Keep Singing”. I looked over it and came to a paragraph where I had marked pretty well and so I stopped and read deeply what Beth, the author, was saying. As I read her words, I began to tear up. Here is what she said; “At times we may feel so outnumbered and outclassed that we’re tempted to ‘hang up our harps.’ We can’t do it, Sweet One. We can’t keep quiet. We have to keep singing the song of the Lord in this foreign land.” Through this present stage of my life and what seems like many road blocks, it is hard to not just give up, lose hope, to stop believing that there is indeed a light at the end of this tunnel. For I have been down for so long I don’t think I can lift my head up any more because it takes all I have to just keep my head above the waters from drowning at times. But then reading this, it brought conviction to my heart that I can’t give up! Even when I feel so out numbered and outclassed, especially then, for it’s “…Our job to keep singing the song of our God by the rivers of Babylon until all who have ears to hear can listen.”

2 comments:

Worship Warrior said...

Dearest you are blessed with the gift of words and wisdom. Let no one tell you otherwise. God will use you beyond your wildest imagination - I beleive it with all of my heart. I love you and keep singing, others will join your chorus until all hear...but He is listening and He loves it.
- Your sista.

The LionHeart said...

Thank you so much for thinking so! I have no dout He will use both of us beyond our wildest imagination could take us! (and you know how far our imaginations can fly!)