Friday, October 23, 2009

A Season In The Rain

"....A season in the rain will end at last, a season full of pain will surly pass, the reason will be plan some day when Love reveals it's corse, such are the seasons of the soul...." Listening to those words, "....A season in the rain will end at last..." I found myself using those words as a soothing balm for my weary soul; reassuring my soul and convincing myself that there is an end to this rain that seems to never stop pouring. But then I thought about how much I love to swing and dance in the down pour of rain. I'll jump at the chance to run out and be utterly drenched in the buckets of rain being dropped and snatch every moment I have in that place before it ends to a light mist. Yet now, with my soul season in that place, I was not filled with joy at the sight of it, nor in shear delight of the thought of being in such a place for long. I had no desire to go out and dance in it, swing as hard and as high as I could till the chain lost tension and than gained it back with a jerk. I began to ponder why I didn't and came to the thought that I don't take advantage of this season because I figure it will never end. Believing that there isn't any blue sky's behind the gray clouds in my view. But just as the down pour of rain soon ends and the sun pulls back the curtains of clouds to warmth and light, so to will the light and warmth soon draw the curtains of clouds and darkness back in my soul. So why I am in this season of rain why not enjoy it to its fullest, snatch up the time I do have in it as precious and soon ending. Dance in it without a care in the world, jump in all the puddles you can find like no ones watching! Swing till you feel as though you can touch those muddy rain clouds and put them in your pockets! Stand in the middle of the street and let the buckets of rain drops kiss your face with each slash! For a season in the rain will end at last.

No comments: