Friday, February 24, 2012

Riding on The Lord's Power

I am at the coast this weekend and my view right now is looking out over the ocean and crashing waves. Today is particularly windy and somewhat stormy, and every once and a while I can see a flock of seagulls gliding in the gust of powerful wind. It has made me think of how the Holy Spirit and power, strength of God is like the the powerful wind, it lifts us up and we just ride on the wind; we don't have to work at it or struggle. We lean into the mighty power of the Holy Spirit and open up our arms wide and we take flight and He raises us up to do the impossible, fearful, do the thing we could not do on our own strength or power or might.

"You O Lord, raise me up to stand on mountains,
You raise me up to walk on stormy seas,
and I am strong when I am on Your shoulders,
You raise me up to more than I can be."

No comments: