Tuesday, January 6, 2009

He Will Never Leave Us Nor Forsake Us

The other day I was trying to catch up with my Bible study; I had slacked off during the holiday break we had. As I came to the middle of the first day, you see how far behind I was, she was talking about isolation and how Christ is the author of connection and Satan is the author of isolation. When we distance ourselves from healthy relationship we are letting the enemy take us into more and more captivity untill we isolate ourselves so far from everyone that we feel entirely alone.

One of the questions to follow is this;
"Listen carefully: God never disconnects Himself from His children. See for yourself. Read Psalm 139:7-10; then name all the places God accompanies us:".



While I listed all the ways I saw God accompanies us, I gazed upon the last two examples of where God accompanies us. "...If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there Your hand shall lead me, and Your right hand shall hold me." The "uttermost parts of the sea", I knew I had heard that expression used before. As I thought about it I realized where I had heard it. It was in reference to our sins being cast into the depths of the sea and forgotten, the sea of forgetfulness.

Now the first part of this verse I didn't quite understand so I looked it up in a few different translations and what I found was a treasure indeed. Instead of " If I take the wings of the morning..." it translated it as, " If I live at the eastern horizon or settle at the western limits,..." (emphasis mine). I knew where I had heard this example, it was in reference to sins being cast or forgotten as far as the east is from the west. Whoa, all the pieces fell into place like puzzle pieces; they seemed to to make no sense and then finally they all start to fit together.

Though these places were to be considered as a place too far off to even remember; these exact places were yet again used as the very place were God can never forget us and never leaves us.
Yet, He forgets our sins there, the depths of the sea of forgetfulness, as far as the eastern horizon is from the western limits. And if that isn't enough just pounder - once again that those lengths are how far God will go with you. If you stop and think about the measure of those it's more than just amazing, awestruck and wonderful!
Dear fellow sojourners God will never leave us nor forget us!



No comments: