Saturday, January 30, 2010

Whose You Are

"And He [Jesus] said to them. "Whose image and inscription is this?" They said to Him, "Caesar's." And Jesus answered and said to them, "Render to Caesar's the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's." And they marveled at Him."
This is a story which I'm sure we are all familiar with, and it is usually associated with obeying the authority that has been put over you, for it has been brought there by God. But this time I read it I thought about it different light of, "Whose image...is this?" Now when I read this I thought of how we are made in God's image, and if we believe in Him and accept Him as our Savior we are inscribed as His. But the opposite is also true, if we don't believe in Him and we reject Jesus as our Savior we are not inscribed as His, but are inscribed as the Enemy's, Satan's. For just as the text said, " Render to Caesar's the things that are Caesar's..." For if you have rejected Jesus and therefore been inscribed as Satan's you will be given over to him as his and the image that once was of God is now transformed into that of darkness. 'Render to Satan's the things that are Satan's...' Yet for those of us who have believed in God and accepted Jesus as our Savior, we are saved and inscribed as one of God's; under His name and made perfect in Christ image, reflecting God and therefore light and life everlasting! '...And render to God the things that are God's.'

No comments: