As I've said before with Sarah gone, what am I to do?! I have always been her shadow, you might say, and have just followed behind, (rather closely I might add) ever since we were little. When we got older it wasn't so noticeable; I didn't try and hide behind her shirt, pulling it to get more coverage! :) But still, when we would go some place I wasn't really use to, when she walked I walked and when she stood to talk to someone I would stop as well till she was done talking! Pretty halarious hun?
But now that she is gone I don't rightly know what to do?! I never had to be the one to take charge of things when Mama and Papa weren't there. (ok well maybe I did, but only around the house, once out and about, Sarah was in front and Grace and my self were behind.) And really, come to think of it, I never really had to come out of my comfort zone because Sarah was always there for me. Going to outside classes, we were always in the same group. She was always the one to talk for me, in a sense. I would only open up and talk if I was called upon. Especially meetting People, Sarah was the one to go up and introduce herself and actually engage in a conversation. I would just kinda hang back and engage only if neccesary. Other than the friends Sarah made, which ended up being my friends as well, I really didn't make friends by myself. Kinda pittiful isn't it?
But now I am going to have to make them on my own! I'll have to Step up and be the eldest, and take the responsablity for that, especially for Grace. Awhile back we did a Bible study about the book of Daniel. When we came to the part when Meshach, Shadrach, and Abednego were put to the test of denying their faith in God to live or be thrown into the fiery furnace, the teacher pointed out that their Daniel wasn't there anymore. You see, Daniel had always been there to be their front, their spokesman, or strong one in the trying times that these's four-some came up aganst. But now their up front man isn't there. They didn't have time to have a team huddle!
In the Bible study Beth, the teacher, says, "The three men didn't step aside for an emergency meeting to try to get on the same emotional page and then present a formal statement." And I don't think they prepared their statement prior to getting dragged before the king! Yet when the opportunity came for a divine set-up for them to step-up, they arose to the occasion .
Same with me, when the opportunity approaches me to step-up, I must take it! If not, I forfeit the chance to see what really is inside of me! I personally don't want to miss that opportunity. As with trials, we don't necessarily want or ask for them but the product that comes from them, the fruit, and growing, and maturing that takes place during them and the God stops along the way - we wouldn’t change it or have it any other way! Lord willing, I will be able to come away from this set-up, changed and matured into the godly women God has destined me to be!
No comments:
Post a Comment